What does it mean to be a godly father or son? How can a father make the greatest impact in this world? By pointing his children to Jesus and modeling how to follow him. Scott Brown gives six marks of fathers and sons who are following Jesus.
- When fathers follow Jesus it is because their hearts are miraculously turned - Malachi 4 :5-6
- When fathers follow Jesus, they walk with their sons and teach them what they love - Deuteronomy 6:5-9
- When fathers follow Jesus they explain the greatness of God - Psalm 78
- When fathers follow Jesus, they take their sons on a journey of obedience - Genesis 18:19
- When fathers follow Jesus they nurture their sons, and sons honor their fathers and mothers - Ephesians 6:1-4
- When fathers follow Jesus, they become like Jesus - John 5:17-22; Psalm 40:6-8